Practicing Law Since 1982
Commercial Real Estate and Development
Buying and Selling Businesses
Corporations, Partnerships, and LLCs
Wills and Estates
In 2006, he opened a law office in Bryson City, the county seat for Swain County, North Carolina, where he practiced for over six years. In 2012, he relocated his office to Sylva, the county seat for Jackson County, North Carolina. The move physically positioned the office to serve clients from a larger geographic area. He is married to Ellen Hoffman Miller and the proud parent of Matthew Hilliard (DVM) and Katherine Elise (MSSW).
- Tulane University School of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana 1982, Juris Doctor (cum laude)
- New England College, Henniker, New Hampshire, 1979, B.A., Business Administration (magna cum laude)
- American Bar, Member since 1983 -Member, Business Law Section – Member, Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section
- LA Bar, Member since 1982
- NC Bar, Member since 2006 -Member, Real Property Section
- Associate (1982-1989) – Jones, Walker, Waechter, Poitevent, Carrere & Denegre, L.L.P.
- Full Partner (January 1990 – February 2002) – Jones, Walker, Waechter, Poitevent, Carrere & Denegre, L.L.P.
- Shareholder (March 2002 –August 2004) – Lugenbuhl, Wheaton, Peck, Rankin & Hubbard, P.C.
- Counsel (September 2004 – September 2005) – Lugenbuhl, Wheaton, Peck, Rankin & Hubbard, P.C.
- Sole Practitioner (September 2005 – present) Gary H. Miller, Attorney-at-Law
The Client Comes First
Always Honest Communication
Residential Real Estate
Planned Communities / Subdivisions
Commercial Real Estate
Buying & Selling Businesses
Corporations, LLCs, Partnerships
Wills & Estates
Large Firm Expertise at Small Town Rates
Sylva, NC 28779
9 AM – 5 PM