Practicing Law Since 1982
As a former partner at one of the largest law firms in the country, attorney Gary Miller offers large firm expertise at small town rates to clients in Western North Carolina and Louisiana.
About Gary H. Miller
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Residential Real Estate and Development
Commercial Real Estate and Development
Buying and Selling Businesses
Corporations, Partnerships, and LLCs
Wills and Estates
A native of New Orleans, Gary spent the better part of his career practicing business and real estate law for one of the largest law firms in the country. Initially as an associate, and later as a full partner, he practiced in the general business section at Jones, Walker, LLP in New Orleans. After twenty years he joined a smaller firm as a shareholder where he practiced for two years. After living through the devastation of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, in 2005, he then relocated his family to the mountains of western North Carolina.
In 2006, he opened a law office in Bryson City, the county seat for Swain County, North Carolina, where he practiced for over six years. In 2012, he relocated his office to Sylva, the county seat for Jackson County, North Carolina. The move physically positioned the office to serve clients from a larger geographic area. He is married to Ellen Hoffman Miller and the proud parent of Matthew Hilliard (DVM) and Katherine Elise (MSSW).
- Tulane University School of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana 1982, Juris Doctor (cum laude)
- New England College, Henniker, New Hampshire, 1979, B.A., Business Administration (magna cum laude)
- American Bar, Member since 1983 -Member, Business Law Section – Member, Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section
- LA Bar, Member since 1982
- NC Bar, Member since 2006 -Member, Real Property Section
- Associate (1982-1989) – Jones, Walker, Waechter, Poitevent, Carrere & Denegre, L.L.P.
- Full Partner (January 1990 – February 2002) – Jones, Walker, Waechter, Poitevent, Carrere & Denegre, L.L.P.
- Shareholder (March 2002 –August 2004) – Lugenbuhl, Wheaton, Peck, Rankin & Hubbard, P.C.
- Counsel (September 2004 – September 2005) – Lugenbuhl, Wheaton, Peck, Rankin & Hubbard, P.C.
- Sole Practitioner (September 2005 – present) Gary H. Miller, Attorney-at-Law
Office Administrator 828-586-0020 email@example.com Candice is a native of Sylva, NC and has extensive experience managing operations and client communications. She will be the pleasant voice on phone or when you come into our office.
Firm Mascot Contact involves a friendly pat
Real Estate Assistant 828-586-0020 firstname.lastname@example.org Nancy has vast experience with real estate closings, real estate developments and legal work involving real estate titles. She has been helping clients in Western North Carolina for over 25 years.
The Client Comes First
Always Honest Communication
Residential Real Estate
Planned Communities / Subdivisions
Commercial Real Estate
Buying & Selling Businesses
Corporations, LLCs, Partnerships
Wills & Estates
Large Firm Expertise at Small Town Rates
18 Colonial Square
Sylva, NC 28779
MONDAY – FRIDAY
9 AM – 5 PM
Serving the North Carolina counties of Jackson, Haywood, Macon, Swain, and Graham, and the towns of Sylva, Waynesville, Franklin, Bryson City, Cashiers, Highlands and Robbinsville.